Every precious piece of sparkling Waterford is something to be treasured and handed down. Like any legacy, caring for your products will keep them in pristine condition so that they can inspire future generations. Below is a guide to help you keep your Waterford as beautiful as the day you ordered it.
Lead Crystal & Glass general
- Crystal and Glass should be hand washed separately in warm soapy water, rinsed thoroughly and dried with a lint free cloth.
- When washing and drying do not twist the bowl in opposite direction to stem as this can cause damage.
- Dishwasher heat, friction and detergent can dull or scratch the surface.
- Extreme temperatures can crack or break your crystal/glass. Avoid pouring hot liquids into cold crystal/glass, or very cold liquids into warm crystal /glass.
- Do not use product in a microwave or conventional oven.
- The finely made rims are the most fragile part of your product. Do not turn upside down while drying or storing.
Lead Crystal Decanters & Carafes
- Avoid storing food or beverages in crystal containers for extended periods of time.
- Change liquid contents of all crystal containers frequently. This will help preserve the products finish, avoid film build-up and the chemical erosion of the crystals interior surface.
- Prior to first use, fill with 50/50 solution of vinegar and water and let stand overnight. Rinse and dry.
Non Leaded Crystal Decanters & Carafes
- Wash inside of decanter /carafe with warm soapy water and rinse prior to 1st use.
- Avoid storing food or beverages in glass containers for extended periods of time.
- Change liquid contents of all glass containers frequently. This will help preserve the products finish, avoid film build-up and the chemical erosion of the interior surface.
Color Coated Crystal & Glass
- Do not allow color coated surface to come into contact with bleach materials or solvents, as they can damage the painted surface.
- Do not allow color coated surface to come into contact with sharp or rough implements that may scratch or damage the paint or surface finish e.g. rings, knives, etc.
- Do not place in a dishwasher.
- Color coated crystal / glass should be hand washed separately in warm soapy water, rinsed thoroughly and dried carefully with a clean, soft, lint free cloth.
- Do not allow the candle to burn within one inch (25.4mm) of the holder, otherwise this may result in damage to the candleholder.
- Ensure that electrical supply is isolated before cleaning.
- All fittings should be cleaned regularly with a soft cloth.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners as this may damage the surface.
- Do not use damp cloths or water on the metal or electrical fittings.
- Instructions for installation, connecting, cleaning and maintenance are in the chandelier assembly instructions (included in each chandelier).
Flatware with Crystal Handles
- Do not expose to excessive heat.
- Do not wash in a dishwasher.
- Do not exert undue force which may damage the flatware item.