Celebrate Independence Day in style with this patriotic-inspired cocktail.Invite your friends over, get out your red, white and blue decorations and prepare some of your favorite home-cooked family recipes. For an extra special touch, create a delicious homemade cocktail too. There’s no better way to raise a toast on the Fourth of July than a delicious chilled punch at a festive party in honor of the great America.Talented mixologist and cocktail creator, ‘The Cocktail Spin’, has created the tasty ‘Founders Punch’ - a cocktail inspired by the story we celebrate on this day, America’s Independence from Britain. This Bourbon and Gin based cocktail is a nod to both countries. With traditionally English Sloe Gin and Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey, a native spirit of the USA, you are left with a mind-blowing cocktail that will be sure to impress the guests.
Cheers To America: Fourth Of July
- 2 oz Larceny Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Plymouth Sloe Gin
- .5 oz Earl Grey Syrup
- 2 Dashes Cherry Bitters
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- To your taste Club Soda
- Lemon peel to garnish
- Combine the bourbon, lemon juice, sloe gin, earl grey syrup,
and bitters in a cocktail shaker.
- Add a large ice cube and shake until the shaker is
too chilled to hold.
- Strain the ingredients into a rocks glass filled with ice,
then top with club soda.
- Garnish with a lemon peel and serve.